Pagelayer Trademark Policy
Electron Technologies FZC owns and oversees the trademarks for the Pagelayer and PageCamp names and Pagelayer logo(s). We have developed this trademark usage policy with the following goals in mind:
- We'd like to make it easy for anyone to use the Pagelayer or PageCamp name or logo for community-oriented efforts that help spread and improve Pagelayer.
- We'd like to make it clear how Pagelayer-related businesses and projects can (and cannot) use the Pagelayer or PageCamp name and logo.
- We'd like to make it hard for anyone to use the Pagelayer or PageCamp name and logo to unfairly profit from, trick or confuse people who are looking for official Pagelayer or PageCamp resources.
- You acknowledge and agree that We are the sole and exclusive owners of the Pagelayer Trademarks and that We retain all intellectual property rights in and to the Pagelayer Trademarks and goodwill associated with Pagelayer Trademarks, and any goodwill generated by your use of any Pagelayer Trademarks will inure to Our exclusive benefit. You shall at no time contest, challenge, encourage or aid third parties in contesting the validity or ownership of any Pagelayer Trademarks or take any action in derogation of Our rights therein, including, without limitation, applying to register any trademark, tradename or other designation that is confusingly similar in any way to the Pagelayer Trademarks.
Pagelayer Trademark Usage Policy
Permission from Electron Technologies FZC is required to use the Pagelayer or PageCamp name or logo as part of any project, product, service, domain name, or company name.
We will grant permission to use the Pagelayer name and logo for projects that meet the following criteria:
- The primary purpose of your project is to promote the spread and improvement of the Pagelayer software.
- Your project maybe commercial or non-commercial in nature.
- In no manner can you claim ownership of Pagelayer trademark and logo(s) as your own.
- Your project must have discernible differences from the Pagelayer's software. Meaning, it is not a redistribution of the Pagelayer software.
- If you add features to the Pagelayer's software, you can state “Powered by Pagelayer” but you cannot sell your products as “Pagelayer”.
- Pagelayer Trademarks shall not be placed on any background that interferes with the readability or display of that Pagelayer Trademarks.
- Users agree not to use the Trademarks and logo(s) for illegal purposes, or on sites containing illegal material.
- Pagelayer reserves the right to change these Guidelines at any time, at its sole discretion, with immediate effect.
If your project meets these criteria, you will be permitted to use the Pagelayer name and logo to promote your project in any way you see fit with one exception: Please do not use Pagelayer or PageCamp as part of a domain name. Examples of projects in this category are officially recognized PageCamps or international Pagelayer communities that are dedicated to the translation and distribution of Pagelayer in their respective countries.
Use of the PageCamp name and logo is additionally allowed in the following situations:
- You are using the logo on the official site for a PageCamp that has been approved by Electron Technologies FZC.
- You are using a graphic provided by PageCamp to promote the event or the fact that you are attending, speaking, volunteering, or sponsoring the event.
All other Pagelayer-related businesses or projects can use the Pagelayer name and logo to refer to and explain their themes and/or services, but they cannot use them in any way that suggests an affiliation with or endorsement by Electron Technologies FZC or the Pagelayer project.
For example, a consulting company can describe its business as "123 Theme Services, offering Pagelayer built themes," but cannot call its business "The Pagelayer Theme Company." Similarly, a business related to Pagelayer themes can describe itself as "XYZ Themes, the world's best Pagelayer themes," but cannot call itself "The Pagelayer Theme Portal."
Similarly, it's OK to use the Pagelayer or PageCamp logo as part of a page that describes your products or services, but it is not OK to use it as part of your company or product logo or branding itself. Under no circumstances is it permitted to use Pagelayer or PageCamp as part of a domain name or top-level domain name.
We do allow the use of the trademark in advertising, including AdSense/AdWords as long as these conditions are met.
Please note that it is not the goal of this policy to limit commercial activity around Pagelayer. We encourage Pagelayer-based businesses, and hundreds of them are thriving while in compliance with this policy.
The abbreviation "PL" is not covered by the Pagelayer trademarks and you are free to use it in any way you see fit.
When in doubt about your use of the Pagelayer or PageCamp name or logo, please contact Electron Technologies FZC for clarification.